Seasonal - Summer
The Buzzards Bay Coalition is committed to getting people outside and discovering Buzzards Bay and its watershed. The Seasonal Office provides a central tool in that effort with a marine touch tank and information on exploring the Bay and watershed. The office is also a launching point for outdoor exploration programs around Woods Hole and Cape Cod.
The Summer Outreach Manager will be responsible for staffing and managing the Coalition’s Outreach Center in the village of Woods Hole, MA and providing engaging outdoor programming on Falmouth area beaches and conservation properties. The position reports to the VP Engagement.
Tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
• Ensure the seasonal engagement goals are met; including:
o Providing an excellent visitor experience to the center
o Inspiring and facilitating outdoor exploration by visitors and guests
o Create, market, and deliver unique and exciting programming options
o Meet goals for new memberships, event registrations, and newsletter signups
• Articulate the Coalition’s mission and stay informed on the Coalition’s work to respond to inquiries from visitors and members
• Ensure the maintenance of the interior and exterior of the office including maintaining touch tank and other exhibits and some light cleaning and landscaping
• Manage gift shop including providing customer service, sales, and accurate cashiering
• Support all the Coalition’s programs and activities through specific projects as needed
• At least three years of college; undergraduate degree preferred
• Ability to interact successfully with a variety of customers and Coalition members
• Experience with education or outreach and a willingness to learn
• Must be personable, self-motivated, and work independently and as a team
• Familiarity with Buzzards Bay and Woods Hole a plus
• Commitment to Coalition mission a requirement
• Position requires working weekends
• Because of work with the public, this position is subject to a criminal background check
Work Week and Compensation
This is a seasonal, summer position that includes work on weekends and is compensated at $15.00/hr. Work Week is Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 10am-3pm as well as two morning or evening outdoor events and will average 32 hours per week. The Seasonal Office will be open from June 22 to September 4 in 2018.
The Buzzards Bay Coalition Inc. is a private, non-profit membership organization founded in 1987 and dedicated to the protection, restoration, and sustainable use and enjoyment of Buzzards Bay and its 432 square mile watershed. The organization works to improve the health of the Bay ecosystem for all through education, conservation, research and advocacy. We are supported by over 8,300 members in southeastern Massachusetts, Cape Cod and beyond. The Coalition has its headquarters in the Buzzards Bay Center in New Bedford’s Waterfront Historic District and a seasonal office in Woods Hole, MA.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and references via email, to:
Mark Rasmussen, President
Buzzards Bay Coalition
114 Front Street
New Bedford, MA 02740
The Buzzards Bay Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates in this search.