Coonamessett Farm Foundation, Inc. (CFF) is seeking a motivated research biologist with experience designing and conducting fisheries surveys to join our team. The selected candidate will possess outstanding oral and written communication skills and excellent problem-solving abilities. Additionally, they will demonstrate the ability to work well in a professional, team-oriented environment.
- Plan and lead at-sea research trips, communicate with fishing vessel captains and manage all aspects of the project research trips (scheduling, personnel, permitting, and data collection, management and analyses)
- Search for funding opportunities and write grant proposals (including budgets and scopes of work for collaborators)
- Write technical reports
- Assume an active leadership role in project development and identification of new research opportunities
- Prepare manuscripts for publication in scientific journals
- Provide support on various other CFF projects as needed
- M.S. or Ph. D. in a scientific discipline (e.g. biology, marine science, environmental science, or a related field preferred)
- 2 or more years of relevant experience managing research projects required
- Ability to identify important commercial marine species required
- Extensive at-sea experience preferred and seaworthiness required
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, bend, stretch, and stand for extended periods of time
- Proficient in using the following programs: ArcGIS and Microsoft Access
- Statistical analysis experience preferred
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and participate at-sea as needed
- Excellent writing, communication, strategic thinking, and interpersonal skills
CFF offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Compensation is based upon work experience and qualifications.
To apply please submit a cover letter, CV, and list of three references to email@example.com. This position will remain open until filled. Start date is negotiable.
Coonamessett Farm Foundation, Inc (CFF) is a non-profit research foundation based in East Falmouth, MA. CFF conducts and supports scientific research and educational activities that promote sustainable fisheries operations, local small-scale agriculture and aquaculture, and renewable energy sources for the benefit of the present and future public. For more information go to our website http://coonamessettfarmfoundation.org/.