Location: South Wellfleet, MA
Sanctuary: Wellfleet Bay
Work full-time at an 1100-acre coastal sanctuary on Cape Cod teaching natural history to children from Pre-school to Grade 8 (will work with similar age groups all summer). Responsibilities include working with a partner to develop, plan, and implement natural history lessons, as well as conduct public programs for families on and off the sanctuary. Some instructors are responsible for taking campers on off-site field trips, including hikes, snorkeling & kayaking trips, and other natural history excursions.
· Must be familiar with Cape Cod natural history (especially marine biology) and have experience working with children outdoors;
· Helpful to have or be working towards a Bachelor’s in Environmental Studies, Biology, Education, or related field;
· Red Cross First Aid/ CPR certified preferred;
· Valid drivers license may be required;
· Successful candidates must pass a background records check (CORI, SORI and driver's).
Compensation and Benefits
Salary starting at $11.00/hour, shared housing available at $30 per week.
Camp runs June 19-Sept 1, 2017
How to Apply
Please send (email preferred) your cover letter, resume and list of three references to:
Emily Wolfe - Camp Director
Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary
PO Box 236
South Wellfleet, MA 02663