A Summer 2017 Research Experience for Teachers (RET) opportunity is available at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution.
The National Science Foundation is funding the RET that will be in WHOI's Ocean Sensors Lab in the Deep Submergence Laboratory.
We are looking for Cape and Islands middle and high school science teachers, elementary educators who teach science as part of their curriculum, and community college science faculty.
The educator we choose will:
- Develop research skills while developing classroom curriculum;
- Spend 6-8 weeks as part of a research and education experience in the Ocean Sensors research lab;
- Conduct research in ocean sensing and measurement;
- Receive a stipend;
- Transfer new knowledge to classroom activities;
- Receive funds for materials, equipment, software and other classroom supplies.
- Be part of a week-long STEM outreach program for 6th grade girls.
The RET application is due to WHOI by 05/05/2017; acceptance notification will be by 05/17/2017.
A program flyer and RET application are here.
If you need an application emailed to you or have questions, email Judy Fenwick at email@example.com.