Mass Audubon’s Long Pasture Wildlife Sanctuary is seeking an Administrative Assistant/Office Manager for its Center in Barnstable MA.
Please see the Job Description below.
Long Pasture Wildlife Sanctuary - Part-time
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant
Location: Barnstable, MA
Ensure effective operation of Visitor Center by performing a variety of administrative tasks, secretarial duties, and visitor services and volunteer management activities, including some which may be complex or confidential in nature. The Office Manager has diverse responsibilities, including working closely with the Sanctuary Director and support of the Education and Property Departments in managing smooth, well-organized operations of the Mid and Upper Cape Sanctuaries.
Responsibilities will include:
Perform a variety of office management and administrative duties (i.e.: maintain office and computer files; handle phone calls; reply to routine correspondence; route incoming mail).
- Manage financial data including invoice payment, receivables, budget reconciliations, and cashreceipts. Assist Sanctuary Director and with budget preparations.
- Assist Mass Audubon Human Resources Department by onboarding new employees and volunteers, closing out staff employments, and preparing new seasonal and part-time bi-weekly payroll for submission to headquarters.
- Manage On-line Public Registration (OPR) system for Long Pasture.
- Enter program registrations into OPR
- Assist in training and managing volunteers; prepare Annual and Fiscal Year Volunteer Reports.
- Work with Mass Audubon headquarters staff to implement statewide initiatives for membership, volunteer, and information security
- Manage Long Pasture’s facility rental operations including wedding rentals.
- Manage/assist with occasional fundraising or other events and activities.
- Respond or direct requests for detailed information, e.g. sanctuary facilities, directions, programs, natural history calls
- Supervise maintenance of office equipment including computers, printers, copiers, and phone system
- Attend Mass Audubon statewide meetings and training's.
- Attend staff meetings and keep informed of program and staff schedules
- Assist in gift shop ordering and inventory
- Occasional weekend, holiday, and evening hours.
This position is a 20-hr/week position.
Qualifications: High School Diploma. Excellent people skills and enthusiasm for a team working environment. Well organized with strong written and verbal communication skills. Computer literate including familiarity with word processing, graphics, database and spreadsheet programs. Ability to maintain accurate records and files. Thorough and conscientious work attitude. Willingness to travel the Mid and Upper Cape to promote sanctuary programs. Valid Massachusetts driver‘s license. Good sense of humor.
To inquire about this position:
Send resume and cover letter to:
Ian Ives, Sanctuary Director
Long Pasture Wildlife Sanctuary
PO Box 235
Cummaquid, MA 02637