The Center for Coastal Studies located in Provincetown, MA is looking for an outgoing person to fill our Outreach Booth Assistant position. CCS is a non-profit organization involved with eco-system, coastal and marine animal research. We also have an extensive education program; this includes an outreach booth on MacMillan Pier used for such purposes. We are looking for an individual who shares our enthusiasm for protecting our local environment and who has previous retail experience. This will be a full time seasonal position from mid-May - August.
- Oversight and maintenance of retail operations at booth, lab and online store.
- Help recruit and train volunteers for outreach booth
- Advertising for store and store related events
- Inventory control
- Responsible for financial reporting to business office for store and web store
- Engaging visitors and encouraging memberships and donations
- Helping our volunteer staff as needed with kiosk oversight
- Strong understanding of the market and good sense of advertising and promotion
- Ability to run or learn Squareup POS Software
- Capability to make improvements to shop and exhibit when directed
- Responsibility of maintaining online store and other online accessory programs
- Ability to use basic computer software proficiently, particularly Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills with customers and staff, both verbal and written
- Past retail experience of 2 years or more
- Responsibility and reliability for the booth, and exhibit space, assisting staff with web store
- Strong communication skills with regards to explaining CCS work and promoting donations.
Please submit cover letter, resume and two references by April 6, 2017 to:
Human Resource Manager
5 Holway Ave.
Provincetown, MA 02657