PART TIME – 24 HOURS PER WEEK
Summary: Reporting to the President of CCS, this position is responsible for the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major gifts in support of annual operations, special events, and special projects. This position’s immediate charge will be to grow the overall donor pipeline with a focus on major gifts. This is an exciting time of growth for CCS, and this person will engage prospective donors in creative ways while serving as a positive ambassador for CCS.
– Ability to work collaboratively across the organization; develop a deep understanding of the mission and programs of CCS and communicate effectively to donors.
– Manage a portfolio of individual donors, prospects, and corporate donors.; work both independently as well as collaboratively with other team members
– Identify, evaluate, and cultivate individuals capable of contributing gifts of at least $1,000 annually
– Ability to increase major gifts by 100K each year
– Ability to provide new prospects and continuous growth of major gifts and planned giving.
– Prepare meaningful and effective funding proposals, reports and customized collateral for individual donors, prospects and corporate donors.
– Design and implement strategies for major giving program
– Schedule, manage and attend donor meetings
– Schedule and manage major donor parties or corporate sponsored events, administrative staff will assist with coordination.
– Continuous engagement with current and future major donors and board members.
– Manage all information relating to current major donors and prospects in Donor Perfect in a timely manner
– Attend staff and committee meetings, networking events and CCS special events as needed
– Perform duties including major gift processing and acknowledgement support.
– 3-5 years of active solicitation and demonstrated success in major-gifts fundraising with a focus on prospect identification, relationship building, and solicitation
– Proficient with Donor Perfect/ Rasier’s Edge, MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
– Demonstrated experience working with volunteers, program staff and Board of Directors
– Superior written and oral communication skills and outstanding interpersonal skills
– Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
– Self-motivated as well as the ability to make independent decisions
– Strong commitment to the mission of CCS, knowledgeable of CCS programs and current issues affecting our environment and oceans both locally and globally.
– Ability to manage complex issues creatively and effectively
– Ability to work collaboratively and successfully as a member of a team
– Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
Job is performed in an office environment, but also flexibility to work at home majority of time.
Day-to-day work includes paper and computer work as well as interaction with staff, guests and volunteers
Occasional evening and weekends for work-related events and networking events
Ability to have transportation to donor meetings and events.
Possibility of position being on a consulting basis or salaried.
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s degree required.
If interested in the position please contact Stephanie Richardson at email@example.com with a cover letter, resume and two references in PDF format by April 30th 2018.