Do you enjoy spending time outside? Do you love to kayak? Do you enjoy meeting new people and sharing your passion for the outdoors? If you answered yes to these questions we've got the job for you! Check out the position below:
Seasonal Naturalist: Kayak Program Coordinator
Location: South Wellfleet, MA
Sanctuary: Wellfleet Bay
We are seeking an experienced kayaker, birder, and enthusiastic environmental educator to join our staff as our Seasonal Kayak Program Coordinator. Mass Audubon’s Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary is a 1,100-acre coastal sanctuary on Cape Cod. This position will focus primarily on leading informative natural history kayak trips, maintaining kayak program equipment, and scheduling kayak tour sweeps. Additionally, the Kayak Program Coordinator will lead other natural history programs for both families and adults including, but not limited to, tidal exploration programs and bird walks.
- Strong kayaking skills and experience leading public kayak tours; experience in coastal waterways preferred
- Successful candidates must have a strong background in field identification of birds; and knowledge of basic principles of ecology and natural history;
- Knowledge of marine biology and coastal ecosystems is preferred;
- American Red Cross certification in basic first aid, CPR, and small craft safety is preferred (or willingness to obtain);
- Must have a valid driver's license;
- Experience driving and backing a trailer is preferred;
- Must pass a background records check (CORI, SORI and driver's).
Compensation and Benefits
Rate of pay $14.00/hr, 30-35 hours/week. Shared housing may be available at $35 per week.
Period of employment is May 29–October 7, 2017, with potential opportunity to begin earlier in May as an Environmental Educator leading school groups, if qualified and interested.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Christine Bates- Public Program Coordinator
Christine Harris Bates
Public Program Coordinator
Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary
508-349-2615 ext. 6113